Recovery Day 72 - 27th February 2013


Woke up at 9am, I was very sore and puffy with a bad headache. I took my morning painkillers and got up. I'm dreading teeth brushing at the moment as its excruciatingly painful. My skin crawls and my eyes water. I've resorted back to using a baby toothbrush softened with hot water. I'm usually a serial tooth brusher, brushing my teeth 8 times a day at least, but not any more. I can't physically bring myself to do it.  I honestly can't describe the feeling other than sharp electric shocks , but they are horrible and take your breath away. 

It was a lovely bright morning so we went for a nice walk with the dogs. It's the first time it's been warm for ages. We were treated to a temperature of 8.5degrees!! And half way round our walk I had to take my gloves off. After our walk we had some corned beef hash and sweet potato that my mum had made us. It was really nice. 

In the afternoon I came across shattered so I sat on my bed with a blanket playing candy crush, I took some tablets and had a glass of water. In the evening mum and I went out for tea to our local Indian restaurant. They were very accommodating and made my food without meat and ensured everything was very soft me. I had the usual of chicken tikka masala minus the chicken and sag bhaji which is flavoured spinach. During dinner mum said my right cheek looked very swollen and hard. She was right, it was swollen and much harder than the left cheek. I'm going to ring Mr D in the morning to see what it may be. I'm pleased that finally my lips have healed and are no longer chapped thanks to the Blistex relief cream.

After tea I went home and chilled out before having an early night. Got to sleep reasonably early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment