Recovery Day 69 - 24th February 2013


Wow what an awful nights sleep, it comes as no surprise that I woke up feeling so awful this morning. My head was groggy and heavy, my hearing was dull, my teeth and gums were aching and my chin and gums were agonisingly sensitive... Again! 

We were up and out for 10:30 going to meet mum and dad for breakfast. I didn't have any appetite and I just didn't feel right, I felt choked up and emotional and I couldn't put my finger on why.  After breaking down in a hysterical heap and receiving some loving words and cuddles from mum, dad and Matt and a cuddle from my doggy brother Barney, I felt a bit better so we headed out for breakfast. I just had my usual of scrambled egg while everyone else had big dirty fry ups!! Grrrrrr after breakfast we had to tackle a food shop. One place I can't be bothered with at the moment is the supermarket. With such annoying dietary requirements I've found the only way to make life easier is to really plan each meal and make a list. That way when I'm in the supermarket I'm focussing on buying what's on the list opposed to fantasising about what foodie much rather be eating! After shopping dad treated us to a hot chocolate complete with marshmallows and whipped cream! I was all grown up and managed to drink it from the glass cup it was served in.

After shopping we went home, I'm was freezing and had a total lack of energy so Matt put the shopping away while I had a cuddle with the dogs by the fire. After a little sit down we got all wrapped up and went for a walk with mum, Binky and Boo and Barney. We managed 40 minutes but had to return home after that as it was bitterly cold and started hail stoning! Mum made me sweet potato mash and gravy for tea and jelly and ice cream for dessert. 

I feel a bit disheartened today because the sensitivity of my chin has worsened again after a brief improvement which is making talking difficult again. I'm feeling in a real lul at the moment where I feel there's been no real big improvement for a week or so and I feeling in more pain now with one thing and another than a month post surgery. It is normal for this to happen apparently as feeling returns but I've found it frustrating. 60% of my gums,  my lower right lip and chin is still totally numb but everywhere is else is pretty much back to normal which is really good considering the amount of numbness post op.

We left mums at about 10pm and I went to bed with some painkillers as my head was banging and my lower jaw was aching.... Not sure why? After a minor struggle, I eventually got to sleep about 1am 


No comments:

Post a Comment