Recovery Day 66 - 21st February 2013


I had a really great sleep last night but still felt hungover and groggy this morning. After some tablets Matt made us pancakes for breakfast then we got ready for the day. The weather was nice, fresh and sunny but very cold. I got all wrapped up and took the dogs for a walk. We walked for over an hour and it was really enjoyable. My face was a little achy and stingy with the cold wind but it was still enjoyable. 

When we got home I took some painkillers as I had a headache and an aching face and my teeth and gums were really hurting. I've started applying the chilli cream quite thickly and it drys like a white crust on my face... Not attractive but it seems to be doing something. The chin shocks aren't as bad but the gum ones are just the same. 

After such a walk I'd got a bit of an appetite, I had a tub of chicken and vegetable broth, I warmed a bit of that up and it went straight in the bin, it was vile! I didn't do much this afternoon other than try and get warm, my face was frozen from the walk so I lay by the fire with the dogs. They were worn out and both insisted on napping on top of me.

As dad was busy I had to pick mum up from the station, I was glad to get out for a little run in the car as it breaks the afternoon up. I still don't feel 100% confident driving in the dark, on the way home mum hinted at a chippy tea. I couldn't face anything from the chippy but I took mum anyway. On the way home she ate some fresh onion rings she'd got from the chippy , they smelt amazing and with every mouthful, chew and swallow she took I felt more frustration and hatred towards her. I'll let her off, but eating fresh chip shop onions rings with salt and vinegar in the confined space of a mini convertible was damn right cruel! I dropped mum off then nipped to dads shop to collect his dog Barney who I'm looking after for a few days. 

After I'd collected Barney I fed the dogs then raided the fridge, we've still not been shopping as Matt is working awkward shifts! I decided on stuffed potatoe skins. I baked some potatoes until soft, cut them in half and scooped out the flesh. I then added milk, butter and salt and pepper to the flesh then mixed in some cut up bacon and sweetcorn. I put the mashed flesh back into the potato skins and topped with grated cheese. I then put them back in the oven for 15 minutes, they were yummy.... Another improv tea! 

When Matt came home we watched some trash TV, I was still struggling with sore teeth and gums, in the end I couldn't stretch my pain killers out anymore so at 10:30 I took some pain relief and went to bed. The pain killers aren't taking the pain away though and it's making me really miserable. The teeth have been sore for a few weeks but the gums is a newish thing, it's a very annoying, draining, constant pain. 

As Barney was sleeping over we let him sleep in our room as a little treat, he was very good and didn't make a peep all night, I was awake tossing and turning.... No relief from pain is getting me down. I mentioned the increased pain to my doctor the other day, she said even though I've been eager to get all my feeling back it's been hiding a lot of the pain. I'm wondering if my feeling is coming back and highlighting the pain even more? 


No comments:

Post a Comment