Recovery Day 65 - 20th February 2013

I'm getting just about fed up of waking up and feeling so awful, sore teeth and gums and a banging headache don't exactly make me want to jump out of bed and face the day. I had an early morning meeting with work so had no choice other then to get up and get on with it. My head was really pounding and my lower jaw bone was throbbing too (this is a new one!) my chin and gum is still very sensitive and brushing my teeth is still unbearable. Normally I brush my teeth after every meal, thoroughly with my electric toothbrush but at the moment I'm really struggling to manage with a baby toothbrush softened with warm water at the moment... That is just how unpleasant these sensations are. 


My meeting in work was short, I was grateful as I really didn't feel too good, as Matt had driven me I treated him to a McDonald's for his lunch. We studied the menu and my choices were very limited.... Milkshake or ice cream. When we got to the ordering point we were advised that there we no milkshakes. So ice cream it was. It was only 11am and the ice cream wasn't flowing down well at all so after two spoonfuls I gave up. 

For lunch I had shepherds pie that mum had made for me, I'm still struggling to find the strength in my jaw to chew so soft foods are still On the menu. I managing to drink from a glass a little more but if I'm tired or in a lot of pain I just use my sippy cup.  In the afternoon I just chilled out at home, doing some work on the iPad, sending a few emails and looking at houses. 

Matt has decided that I'm not allowed to go food shopping on my own so the house is low on supplies... So for tea I just had to use what I had in. I made my special baby pasta with onion, bacon, crushed petite pois and garlic and cheese sauce with roasted red and orange peppers. Considering this was a improv dish it was yummy. I would defiantly recommend Asda stelline pasta for soft diets. It's been a life saver for me, and is typically used in soups and salads. 

In the evening I went to bed early and watched some TV. I dropped off to sleep easily 


No comments:

Post a Comment