Recovery Day 63 - 18th February 2013


Woke up at 8am and felt more tired than when I went to bed. My teeth were killing, they felt sensitive and achy. My chin was up too it's old electric shock tricks and my ears were deaf. I took some pain killers and sat up in bed for a bit while they snapped into action. 

After getting washed and dressed and changing my bands I had some scrambled egg for breakfast. It was pretty vile really. I'm not sure what mum does to her scrambled eggs to make them so amazing but she's not up for sharing! To make matters worse Matt had a gloriously delicious smelling bacon butty !!

We went to our friends late morning and it was lovely to see her and her little boy. I was really struggling with the shooting pains and electric shocks. I think it was because of the excess chatting, smiling and laughing. It was all worth it though to have a catch up with a good friend. 

After we'd finished at our friends we headed up north to the lakes to visit Matts mum and dad. On the way I took some pain killers, my put my chilli cream on and rested my mouth as I knew I'd be in for more chatting when we arrived! 

Matts mum had already asked what I could eat, eating is still such a tough one. I can eat pasta but only my special pasta and I can eat certain foods providing I've adapted them to suit me. In the end she made broccoli and Stilton soup to start, macaroni cheese for main and cookies and cream ice cream for dessert. It was delicious and even though the bread with soup looked and smelt delicious and the fresh salad and garlic bread with the mac and cheese looked yummy I pushed them out of my mind and enjoyed my food immensely. 

We haven't seen matts mum and dad since the day before I was admitted into hospital as they've been away so there was lots to catch up on. After a few hours I'd reached my talking limit and it was time to head home. On the way home I just wanted to rest but it was dark and late and I didn't want to leave Matt driving alone so I persevered to keep him company. 

When we eventually got home I was shattered, sore and more puffy than usual! I headed straight to bed and fell fast asleep straight away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment