Recovery Day 60 - 15th February 2013


I woke up at 8:30, usual thick head, my chin is still sending very unpleasant shocks up my face and my teeth are absolutely killing me! I got up and took some tablets.

Then being the domestic goddess I am, I prepared our tea of chilli and made a shepherds pie for Matts lunch over the weekend while he's working. After my cooking expedition I had a little clean up, then got dressed. Washing my face and cleaning my teeth has become unbearable at the moment. Any stimulation on my chin or gum is driving me mad, this side effect is a nightmare and I'm totally fed up with it. I've been using the chilli cream but I'm not sure if its doing anything... Apart from burning my lip when it finds its way there!! (I'm possibly just bring impatient as the instructions said allow 6 weeks to work)

Matt popped home for lunch and we had last nights left over curry for lunch, Matt had a garlic naan with his, god it smelt good, I tried a tiny piece but I didn't have the strength to chew it. When he went back to work I came over all lethargic and cold, probably by having an active morning. I put the heating on and went and sat on my bed with the dogs. I didn't move all afternoon and spent some time reading and looking on the Internet. 

Before I knew it, it was 5pm and Matt was home from work. We got wrapped up and took the dogs for a little walk to see my dad at his work. We were out for about 40 minutes and on the way home I was really struggling with the cold as it had started to go dark and temperature took a real drop. 

For tea we had chilli with rice, it was very nice and for dessert I had Reeses peanut cups that I melted in the microwave. I never liked chocolate until this operation, where melted chocolate has entered my diet. So many other things have vacated my diet so i'll allow myself chocolate until normal service resumes!!

After watching some TV we went to bed, once again I struggled to sleep. I'm not sure if I'm struggle to sleep because I can hear a pulse / heartbeat in my head of because my mind is over thinking things or because I'm in pain. It's probably a combination of them all!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment