Recovery Day 54 - 9th February 2013


Had a great sleep last night, woke up at 0900, my face was very swollen this morning. Really puffy under my eyes and even on my lower jaw. I took some pain killers and got up for the day. 

Today I decided I was going to start training myself to use a real glass/cup again. Unless people have experienced jaw surgery / numb lips they wouldn't realise what it's like to have no control or feeling in them. 

For breakfast I had some ready brek with cinnamon, I'm really in to that at the moment. 

After getting ready it was time for a mission, getting 3 dogs to the groomers with mum. While the dogs were at the groomers we pet to the pet shop and bought them a nice new collar and lead.

Mum made me yummy cheesy scrambled egg for lunch with a soft pancake with softened blueberries on top. Food always tastes better when prepared by mummy. I've been craving pancakes for a few weeks, mummy made the batter quite loose so it was lovely and soft. 

By the time we'd had lunch it was time to head back and pick the dogs up. They looked sooooooooo cute after their haircut. Its money well spent taking them to the groomers, they do such a good job and it saves us wrestling with them. When we got back to mums it was time for some painkillers and a sit down. I was shattered, drained and sore. 

After a little snooze dad came home, as a little treat dad got mum and I a curry. I just had the sauce and rice again with some mashed up saag aloo! It was totally amazing!! I was too excited to drink from a real glass with my tea so just had a drink of water from my sippy cup. 

Throughout the evening the electric shocks were whizzing round my face and my ears, cheeks and nose were aching. 

After watching some TV with mum and dad me and my boys headed home. Got to sleep nice and easy too.



No comments:

Post a Comment