Recovery Day 51 - 6th February 2013


Woke up with the groggy head and popped ears. The pain, apart from the headache wasn't too bad. Still having strange issues with my chin, it's gone hypersensitive even though it has 0% feeling in it. If I talk, laugh or touch it it sends a strange electric shock through my face, teeth and gums. After I had done the usual morning routine I had some ready brek. 

It was a beautiful fresh day outside, bright blue sky and a bit of sunshine, although it was cold I was adamant to get wrapped up and go on a nice walk with the dogs. We walked for about 40 minutes, it was lovely and I really enjoyed it. On the way back there was quite a wind blowing in my face and it felt like little pins were being poked into my face, I wrapped my scarf round my face and we were soon home. 

Matt popped home for lunch, I had mashed up stew with roasted tomatoes. When Matt went back to work I did some work on my iPad. At 5pm I drove to the train station and picked my mum up. When we got back to hers she insisted on making my tea so I obliged. Matt was at the pub so I spent the evening with mum and dad. I love mummy and daddy time, they spoil me and make me giggle. Giggling is so good for you, albeit painful after jaw surgery. Mum made me another stew and a rice pudding to follow, it was yummy! The rice pudding was so nice I forgot to take a picture until half way through! 

The strange sensations in my chin worsened in the evening, talking, laughing, smiling sends shooting pains up my gums into my teeth and up into my face. Perfect timing as I'm with Mr D tomorrow. I'm back with the baby toothbrush as teeth brushing is also effecting it. 

Matt popped round to mum and dads after the pub and we watched a programme about neurosurgeons, it really hit home how grateful I was to Mr D and his team for taking such good care of me over the last 6 years but especially during this surgery. There were so many people looking after me from the ward staff, theatre staff, pharmacist, anaesthetist, registrar and Mr D himself. I'm even more grateful for the great care I received today more than any after reports into unnecessary deaths at local hospitals have been published. I'm so glad this report has come after my surgery! 

When we got home Matt took my mugshots, and while he was getting ready for bed I had a little cuddle with Binky and Boo, I was shattered after my little walk and visit to mummy's, despite this tiredness I couldn't get to sleep. My face was quite achey so I took some painkillers and watched a bit of TV, after what felt like ages I eventually dropped off. 






No comments:

Post a Comment