Recovery Day 45 - 31st January 2013


Woke up at 8:15, I couldn't lift my head off the pillow it was banging that hard. I sent Matt down to get me a drink so I could take my tablets. After I'd taken them I waited in bed for a bit for them to kick in before I started my morning routine. 

I'm so bad at taking tablets I start to retch just thinking about it, so with an added 9 a day to take with the extra antibiotics this is going to be a rough 10 days.

I've been getting lots of strange sensations in my cheeks the last few days and I'm pleased to say that I've got very light feeling back in them. I have more in the left than right and its not 100% pre op sensation but this is a step in the right direction and has cheered me up after the disheartening of the infection news yesterday. In regards to swelling, it's still there but most people say if they didn't know me they would just think that's how I look. When I look in the mirror I see a porky me looking back. There are 4 main areas of swelling, the cheeks near the nose and the lower jaw. These are the locations of the plates so understandably it's still puffy. I am beginning to get a better idea of the finished product now and I'm liking what I see. I just wish I could shake the infections and pain off.... Oh and feel my lips and eat a massive pizza!!!


I went for my appointment with the works doctor who said I'm still not fit for work and suggested taking some more time to recover. I feel very guilty being away from work but deep down I know this is the right thing to do. I still can't speak 100% well, am in pain, tire easily and drink from a sippy cup so more rest and recovery is exactly what I need.

After my appointment we went straight home and I had some sieved chicken and sweetcorn soup with a dash of soy sauce in it for some added flavour. I then went and had a lay down on my bed. The next thing I knew it was 5pm and I'd fallen asleep for a few hours.

I went to pick mum up from the train station, it's not very far away and just enough of a distance for me to drive to get used to it again, I'm starting to feel more confident driving but I feel I have a little way to go to get back to Pre op state. 

For tea I had blended chilli with a dollop of sour cream and cheese. It was lovely even if I do say so myself. 

I went to bed at 9 and watched some TV. By 10 my head was banging so I took my tablets and went to sleep. 





No comments:

Post a Comment