Recovery Day 44 - 30th January 2013


Woke up at 08:30 and felt groggy and tired, I still had sore ears so I called the doctors and arranged an appointment for 09:30. Got dressed, took some pain killers, did my nasal spray and changed my bands and it was time to go.

For the first time ever I actually got seen on time. The doctor looked down my ears and said they were inflamed and infected so you've guessed it.... More antibiotics! I hate taking tablets, I'm so bad at it!

After the doctors I went home, felt totally drained, tired and groggy. I felt a bit disheartened getting another infection but at least now I've got my antibiotics and they can start working. 

I wasn't that hungry at lunch time so I just had butternut squash soup. I spent the afternoon lay on bed watching TV and napping. 

For tea I made a loose spaghetti bolognese with tiny pasta mixed into it with cheddar cheese on the top. It's good to top things with cheese for extra flavour. I didn't have any dessert because I didn't feel like anything.

In the evening I prepared my clothes for tomorrow as I'm up early because I have a meeting with works doctor just to see how I'm getting on. As I was getting things ready I managed to fall over the dog and really hurt my hand. The dog was ok, he knew I'd hurt myself so gave me extra cuddles. 

The pain I've experienced today has mainly been in my nose, cheeks and ears, it's not like me to be so tired and lethargic. When I'm at normal health I'm usually non stop, running round here there and everywhere and training at the gym, I'm fed up of not feeling normal now but I still don't have an regrets. The operation was only 6 weeks ago so I think I'm pretty much on track. I'm pretty sure some feeling is coming back as I'm getting strong strange sensations all over my face. Some of them hurt and some just feel weird. I hope if nothing else my lip feeling return soon. 

Dropped off to sleep really easily, I blame the infection!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment