Recovery Day 42 - 28th January 2013


Woke up at 8:30, my head was banging but apart from that I felt ok, I had some minor pain around the usual areas, cheeks, ears, nose but it was manageable. 

Hubby was off today and had to run a few errands in the village, I felt like I needed to get out so I decided to go with him. After the usual routine nasal spray, intensive teeth cleaning and band changing we were ready to go. I got some trousers out to wear and when I put them on they were literally hanging off me as was the vest top and cardigan. Quite scary to believe how much weight I've lost without trying!

I craftily packed my sippy cup in the hope that I might be treated to a hot chocolate with fresh cream from Costa Coffee.                      

As I've mentioned before the cold has really been getting to me lately so I got really wrapped up. Big coat, scarf, gloves, hat the lot. I looked scary but I was very snug. Once we'd run our errands Matt treated me to my hot chocolate.... It was delicious. As we were walking round Matt was asking me if I wanted to go into the clothes shops, I declined. I didn't have the energy to even look. I could see the shock on Matts face when I declined... This showed how bad I was really feeling if I didn't  want to shop for clothes!! 

When we got home I had mashed up stew for lunch that mum had prepared, it was a lovely little portion just right for my shrunken stomach. 

In the afternoon a friend of Matt and I popped round with his dog, it's nice to have visitors but leaves me exhausted. 

For tea I made colcannon mash. It consists of mashed potato with cabbage, leeks, and chopped up bacon (cut into in tiny pieces) all mixed together. It's perfect for a soft diet and full of flavour. I also roasted some cherry tomatoes, they are also full of flavour and are soft to eat. For dessert I had creme  brûlée which again is a nice and soft.

In the evening we just watched TV, my right cheek was up to something this evening.  It felt itchy, burning and restless with little shooting pains and when I physically touch it it feels weird. I think this is a good sign!! My face however, looks really swollen, it literally changes shape daily depending on how much I do. 

Since the operation I've suffered with really dry, chapped lips. There is one area on my upper lip really struggling to heal so tomorrow I'm going to go and get some more medicated lip balm to see if it'll heal once and for all.

Went to bed at 11pm and miraculously it only took me about 2 hours to get to sleep instead of the usual 3-4! 



No comments:

Post a Comment