Recovery Day 41 - 27th January 2013


Well after struggling to sleep last night I obviously didn't want to wake up when the alarm went off. Woke up with sore teeth and gums today, I think I might be clenching my teeth in my sleep because of the new position of the jaw and teeth. I had the usual thick head with a bit of earache thrown in for good measure too!!

Matt and I were meeting mum and dad for breakfast this morning. I had mashed up beans, mashed up scrambled egg and mashed up black pudding with a freshly squeezed orange juice. It was very nice but I couldn't finish it all. I don't eat a lot these days and I get full up very quickly. I took my weaning spoon and sippy cup with me as I always do when I go out, I'm fine using it in public now, yes people stare but I'm over it... They can look all they want! 

After breakfast Matt left to go to work and I stayed with mum and dad , although not snowing today there was a bitter wind that just made me want to be inside. I seem to be feeling the cold a lot these days. Not only in my face but my body too. Mum reckons its because of the weight loss.

My tea was yummy again, mum and dad know how to look spoil me. I had mashed up fish pie then a fresh cream orange trifle for dessert!

I've had a lovely day with mum and dad today, and my little doggy brother Barney but I've found I've been a bit down this evening, I can't put my finger on why, maybe frustration at the situation or simply fed up. I've read that depression can set in after facial surgery because of how different you look during the healing process with swelling and bruising. I'm so happy with my straight jaw and I love how my nose now has a cute little up turn on it, but I'm fed up with the swelling. My jaw tires so quickly and I've never been so quiet in my life. I am a talker but at times these days I simply don't have the energy to speak, especially when I need to explain something in depth or lengthy. I'm not depressed, I think I'm just a bit down and fed up!

The swelling on my right side is much bigger than the left at the moment, it's definitely got bigger over the last few days. Now this is the side where I'm getting the cheek pain and the majority of the shooting pains in my ear and nose. Thats Possibly just a coincidence though and possibly the reason why I'm a bit down. 

Matt finished work at ten, he's off for a few days now so he can have his turn of looking after me and spoiling me while mum and dad head back to work!! 

As I've not been sleeping very well for a while now I decided to take a sleeping tablet tonight, it didn't work and still took hours to get to sleep!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment