Recovery Day 37 - 23rd January 2013


Woke up at 9am, my right cheekbone was really painful, it felt like I had been punched in it. I took some tablets and went back to bed for a bit with the dogs after taking some painkillers, brushing my teeth, changing my bands and doing my nasal spray.

At 11am I got up and Matt came home for lunch. I had blended stew that mum had made for me. At the moment my body is definitely responding better to slop / soft blended meals opposed to me trying to swallow more whole meals. I feel like I should be back on normal food by now, but then I remember its only been 5 weeks so I'm doing quite well really.

In the afternoon I lay by the fire with the dogs, I was planning on going for a walk today but it was snowing and I couldn't risk taking a fall.

For tea I made roasted sweet potato mash, creamed spinach and salmon fillet topped with a garlic and herb sauce (mashed up obviously) it was really nice. For dessert I had a little trifle pot. It was smooth jelly, custard and cream.

In the evening the pain in my cheek increased, it was a different type of pain. The only way I can describe it is as deep in the bone, like it had been struck. I took some pain killers and they weren't taking the pain away.

When I went to bed I thought I'd take some codeine to see if that would help but it didn't. Struggled to get to sleep again also!!




4 comments:

  1. I had my double jaw surgery the same day you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's amazing. How R you getting on?

      Delete
    2. I'm good, no pain, just a bit of swelling left. The only bad thing is that I'm wired shut, which totally sucks!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I wasn't wired, I have the elastic bands on helping to guide the bones at the momen. I wish I wasn't in pain, The doctor said its normal that I am in pain but I can't wait not to feel so groggy... oh and eat a feast or course!

    ReplyDelete