Recovery Day 36 - 22nd January 2013

Slept ok last night, I was very tired with my little adventure yesterday. Got up at 0900 and went to get the dogs. Took my tablets, brushed my teeth, changed my bands, did my nasal spray then went back to bed for an hour as I was tired again. I didn't go to sleep, I just looked on the iPad.
   
11:30 Matt came home for lunch. I had a meatball baby food that my friend had got for me. I had to mash it up as it had whole meatballs in it. I put some salt and butter in it to add some flavour and I quite enjoyed it. 

In a way I feel like I've taken a step back with eating, but I can't physically chew and when just swallowing food I get heartburn so I'm going to stick to slop for another few weeks. I'm not quite sure why chewing it so difficult, I think it's 1) it hurts 2) the jaw feels weak 3) my teeth don't fit together very well after the move so that makes it awkward too. 

When Matt returned to work dad and his dog Barney popped round. My car hasn't been used since the operation and now won't start. Dads a mechanic so as well as having lunch and a brew he also had a look at my car. 

By the time dad had gone gone Matt was back home. I said I'd like to try and drive, just a short supervised journey to 1) give the car a run 2) see if I can remember how to drive. 

I got myself ready and went for a 15 minute drive, it felt weird but it was ok. I had that vulnerable, anxious feeling but it's to be expected. I've not driven since the operation and there are still snow and icy patches on the ground. I let Matt drive home, I was getting shooting electric shock pains in my upper lip, left cheek and ear. I take these pains, as painful as they are as a positive thing and I'm keeping everything crossed that feeling will start to come back shortly. 

I was so tired after my little adventure, luckily I'd already prepared the tea earlier on. I made a chilli, then separated mine and put it in the blender. It made a thick but smooth consistency and when serving  I added a dollop of half fat creme fraiche and some grated cheese. It was very nice indeed. I also had a drink of freshly squeezed orange juice with ice. 
 
I went to bed a 8pm and watched TV, despite being tired struggled to drop off. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment