Recovery Day 28 - 14th January 2013

Woke up at 9:30, Matt had already left work work. Felt really sore, the usual cheek, teeth, jaw and ear pain. The swelling has stayed the same for the last few days. Heavy on my cheeks and lower jaw but my neck is pretty much back to normal.

Plucked up the energy to get out of bed, get my milk and get my tablets down. Then I had a small portion of ready brek so I could take my antibiotics. I then changed my brace bands and lay in bed for a bit.

At about 11 I got up, made the bed and did some washing. After that I was tired again so I chilled out on the couch for a bit playing on my iPad.

I had sieved chicken and sweetcorn soup for lunch and took my antibiotics. I was debating doing without my painkillers, but then I thought what's the point, If I'm in pain I'm going to take them. So I did.


At about 3pm I got a call from an unknown number, I answered (as clearly as I could as my speech still isn't perfect) it was a nurse from occupational health at work. She just told me to take it easy. She reminded me that this operation is a major one and when you have operations on your face you really are poorly and tired for a long time. She reassured me that I must take it easy, not rush back to work and when I do, I must only do short shifts as me and my jaw will tire quickly.

When Matt came home I made some tea, mashed potato, cabbage and red onion gravy / reduction.

We watched a little TV but I got a really bad headache and felt really sick. I rushed to bed, I had an urge that I needed to lie down or I was going to vomit. So I took my painkillers and put some forehead on my head. I fell asleep

quite early.



No comments:

Post a Comment