Recovery Day 29 - 15th January 2013

I woke up at 5am and was awake for an hour and a half. Could've done with some painkillers but didn't have the energy to go downstairs. Fell back asleep until 9:30. Woke up in pain again, but my lips seem to have gone down a bit. My top lip feels very strange today. It's almost painful pins and needles intensified by physical touch but it’s still numb.

I got up and took my painkillers, changed the brace bands and me and the dogs went back to bed while they took effect. I got up at about 11:30 and had a bath and washed my hair. The weather was freezing outside but my aim for the days was to get wrapped up and go on a little walk with the dogs. I felt like I needed a bit of fresh air, at 0 degrees it was certainly fresh outside.

Matt came home from work at lunchtime, he was none too impressed with my plans for a walk. He had picked up my lunch from mums which was mashed up scouse. It was lovely warmed up with some butter on. Had more painkillers, I have an ok pain threshold, I hate taking tablets as I always choke on them so I know that me taking them is for genuine pain as I wouldn't take them unless absolutely necessary.


When matt went I put my UGG boots on, as soon as I did the dogs started going crazy, I wrapped a scarf round my face, put a hat with ear flaps on put my big quilted coat on. I was very snug and we went on a 10 minute walk to dads shop. I sat with dad for half an hour to rebuild a bit of energy then we walked home.

Boo kindly weed on Binky’s head 3 times during the walk so I had to give them a bath when I got in, I also had a Hoover and mop of the whole house. After this I was shattered to had a lie down for half an hour.


Then Matt came home at 5:30 and I had to make the tea. He had battered cod, mash and mushy peas and I had cod in butter sauce, mash and mushy peas. It was quite enjoyable. I had a bit of a sore throat so we went to McDonald's after tea and I had a banana milkshake, we took a latte to mum and dad.

We hot home at 9pm, the painful pins and needles was quite intense so we went straight to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment