Recovery Day 9 - 26th December 2012

Felt good after a nice nights sleep, still dribbling, swollen and bruised but able to manage the pain effectively. I am well aware when the painkillers are running out though.

My mouth is still full of stiches, im not sure whether the are taken out at the hospital or if they come out on their own.

My throat is still really sore, this is from the tubes that were put down there during the surgery.

I had a smoothie for breakfast, went to mums at lunchtime and had soup. (again!!)

Spent the day with mum and dad, Matt and the dogs. We didn't do much but watch TV

In the evening mum did a little mix and match buffet style tea, Christmas buffets are my favourite thing ever so I got a little upset that I was having soup for tea. After a little cry I was ok.

After tea dad and Matt went to McDonald's and got me a caramel sundae. It was delicious and really soothed my throat. I had to eat it with a babies weaning spoon, it was messy but well worth it!! I wrapped a tea towel around me like a bit to catch the spillages.

We left mums about 9pm as she and Matt had work the next day.

Swelling same, bruising now yellow. Pain under control providing pain killers taken at the right time.

Had another reasonable nights sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment