Recovery Day 6 - 23rd December 2012

Its Sunday morning and I was craving a fry up,  Matt made me blended bacon, beans and mushrooms for breakfast. It was ok, breakfast has been the hardest thing to decide what to eat because what can you have for breakfast with the consistency of water/milk??

I had the usual battle of getting the pain relief down wanting to vomit at the thought of it and physically vomiting at the taste of it.

I got dressed and begged Matt to let me walk to the top of the road with the dogs to get some fresh air. He was reluctant! It was a chilly, fresh day but the sky was nice and blue and the cloud was fluffy and bright white. He reluctantly agreed as long as I got fully wrapped up. I put my big quilted coat on, hat, gloves and wrapped a scarf round my face so just my eyes could be seen. I held Binky the little dog and Matt had Boo the boys enjoyed their little leg stretch as much as I did!

When I got home I had some soup that mum had made me the previous day. It was carrot and parsnip. It was very flavoursome. I then had a little sleep on the couch while Matt watched the football. YUK!!

At about 4pm mum, dad and Barney the dog popped round. Mum had made me pea and ham soup with fresh peas for my tea. They'd been shopping and had picked me up some drinks to try, flavoured water, juices, milkshakes and smoothies.

When mum and dad left Matt wanted to make my tea, knowing my tea would only take a second to warm I suggested he make his first. He was having one of my favourites.... Macaroni cheese. I asked if he could save a spoonful for me to try and blend just so I could experience the flavour. Lets just say macaroni cheeses does not blend!!!  My pea and ham soup was totally amazing! So flavoursome and fresh tasting, I hate soup but I love this!

I watched a bit of TV then went to bed. There was the usual battle of the pain killers and an awful night’s sleep, I was awake most of the night in pain. I made a decision that first thing in the morning I was going to call the doctors and make an appointment to see if there were any alternative options for managing the pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment