Recovery Day 26 - 12th January 2013

Woke up at 10 and felt groggy again, I hate the way I feel of a morning, it's very unpleasant and doesn't make you want to get up and face the world. It really is very painful.

My teeth are very sore today too to add to the other pain elements.

I had my pain killers then had ready brek and the antibiotics. We spent the day in our pjs watching TV.

For lunch we had chicken and sweetcorn soup with soy sauce in it, I really enjoyed it.

At about 3pm I got stomach pains and felt I might need to go to the toilet. I was quite scared because the memories from the other Friday and still so clear in my head. I went and sat on the loo for half an hour but there wasn't really any movement. I thought I'd go and watch a bit more TV until I was more ready. I had a bit of lactulose too to help get things moving. After 45 mins I headed back to the toilet I waited about another 30-40 mins then goT the urge, I so wanted to release this nuisance but part of me was scared of tearing my bottom. After a little reluctance the beast decided it was exiting my with or without my cooperation! I felt such a relief after the ordeal that I was almost reduced to tears.


It was now nearly tea time and we needed to try and decide what to have. Matt suggested mash but I pointed out that I'd had mash nearly every night over the last week. Although I'd had mash every night over the last week this is all I could eat really. I looked on the Internet and found a recipe for fancy colcannon mash which has cabbage and bacon in it. So I decided to make that. I made sure I cut the bacon really small and shredded the cabbage. I made the mash and it was delicious. For dessert I made an Eton mess style dessert with Philadelphia cheese. That was rather pleasant too. The Eton mess was great because it just melted in my mouth.

We spent the evening watching TV, getting to sleep was a little easier tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment