Recovery Day 16 - 2nd January 2013

Broken nights sleep last night, and woke in agony.
Took my tablets and me and the little dogs went back to bed for an hour. Matts back at work today so it's just me, Binky and Boo. Got up about 10:30 once the pain killers had taken effect and had some ready brek in the sippy cup.

At about 11 I thought I'd take the Christmas tree down. I went very  slowly at my own pace, it took me an hour and a quarter but I did it. Matt called and asked me what I was doing. I lied and said nothing because I knew he'd shout at me! I didn't have the energy to carry the Hoover downstairs so I just brushed the floor.

Matt came home for lunch as 12:30 and I got shouted at for taking the tree down! I had soup for lunch and Matt had a roast dinner that mum had plated up from New Year's Day. It smelt yummy. My soup was ok.

When Matt went back to work I just lazed on the couch, looked on the iPad and caught up with some texts and emails.

When Matt came home he made a list and went shopping, I stayed home as I didn't feel up to going. I had yet another soup tea and some mint choc chip ice cream for dessert. That was quite a challenge! I couldn't quite manage the choc chips so I had to pick around them.

I went to bed at 11, while brushing my teeth I lost a stitch from the bottom of my mouth, not sure if this is normal. I’ll keep an eye on the hole and make sure it stays closed. The swelling looked a bit more puffy today. The lips are coming down nicely. I certainly know when the painkillers are due. Applied for a repeat prescription for the codeine, don't think I could do without that just yet.

Took my tablets and dropped off ok tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment