Recovery Day 14 - 31st December 2012

 
New Years Eve
 
Had an ok sleep last night, got up and took my tablets straight away as the usual morning agony was present. Me, Matt and the boys spent the morning in bed watching TV. We got up to have breakfast. I tried the ready brek, it was very smooth and I could drink it from my sippy cup.

** The below passage is not very pleasant but it can happen after surgery, a change in lifestyle and change in diet so I wanted to include it  **

At about 3pm I made the move and had a shower, showering was quite tiring and afterwards I had no energy to dry my hair. I lay on the bed for a bit to compose the energy. I felt quite sick and a bit faint and I had pains in my stomach. I hadn't been to the toilet for quite a few days, being on codeine and a liquid diet was doing my digestive system and bowels no good. I thought I might have a sit on loo and see if there was any movement. I certainly felt like I needed to go but nothing was making an appearance. Then, there was a little urge to push, I did and ouch, I had stool stuck half in and out of me. It was sheer agony, that bad I was sweating with the pain. This happened another two times, I was literally wet through with sweat because it was so painful. I stood up and had a walk round, I still had the urge to go, but I was scared In case my bottom ripped open or I got a pile. I had no choice other than to return to the toilet, when I sat down I managed to go to the toilet again,
At 5:30pm after I had plucked the energy to dry my hair we went to mum and dads. Mum was in bed because she still wasn't well.

Dad suggested McDonald's for tea (cruel!) we downloaded the McDonald's App and perused the menu, other than milkshake and ice cream there wasn't anything I could eat. So..... Soup again. Grrrrrr so the boys went to McDonald's and mum got up for a bit. I don't normally like McDonald's but it all looked and smelt very appealing. My banana milkshake and ice cream where very enjoyable though. Mum went to bed at about 9 and dad, Matt and I watched TV until midnight until we had welcomed in 2013. Just after midnight I took my tablets and we headed home. Apart from pain and the lack of food it was a pleasant New Year's Eve.



No comments:

Post a Comment