Another Op!!! - Day 168


Well I'm finally back at work, I've been back for 3 weeks and I'm still finding it very very tiring. Work have been really supportive and are letting me do reduced hours and flexible shifts. I've been able to work my working day around the medication for the nerve pain as it still makes me feel drowsy, dreamy and drunk.

I've been in contact with my consultant Mr D today and he has said he's going to take one of the metal plates out on 18th June. In a bid that it may relieve the nerve pain and to give him the opportunity to clean around the nerve / plate, he said he'll also inject some long lasting local anaesthetic into the area. 

A few months ago another operation was a very last resort but now with no improvement in the pain I'm willing to give anything a go. I hope it works and I'm finally free of these horrendous sensations and then off the vile Gabapentin.
 






4 comments:

  1. Hi
    I have the same condition as you, Condyle Hyperplasia. I want to know how long did it take to get an appointment for surgery. Were you waiting a long time before the oral surgeon schedule you in? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for your message.

    Firstly I had a condylar shave to remove the growing bone. 2 years after that I had my braces fitted, I had to wearing the braces for a year and a half in order to move my teeth into a workable position ready for the bi maxillary Osteotomy I had in December 2012. My teeth reaches the appropriate position in about October then surgery was booked in for the December.

    Hope this helps

    KjS-T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Did the continued growth show on a bone scan? My surgeon has done already two 3 phase bone scans of jaw & it seems to indicate growing has stopped. So, I got braces in February 2013(teeth are pretty straight but jaw its very deviated to the left) after visiting my orthodontist last weekend he made it seem like ill be ready before the year is up. I see my oral surgeon again in September so maybe then it will be sooner than I thought. Did your healthcare insurance cover your surgery?
    By the way, thanks for being brave and making this blog. I have been reading it and it has been very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thanks for your message, not been too good after my little op to remove the plate. (Further details on that in my latest post (lots to tell!)

    I had many bone scans in the early days, they showed the bone as 'red' which indicated it was still actively growing. That's why I had to have the Condylar shave first.

    As I live the UK all my treatment has been done by the national health service, I dread to think how much everything would've cost privately but it would be lots!

    Thanks For reading

    KjS-T x

    ReplyDelete