Update so far.... Day 77

I'm 11 weeks post op tomorrow and I feel as though I've hit a recovery brick wall, so I'm not going to bore you with the same old stuff day in day out. 

I've got Eustachian Tube Dysfunction effecting my ears, sinuses, cheeks and nose giving me deafness when I've been lay down for a period of time and pain in those areas. 

I also have issues with the nerves in my chin and gum giving me very unpleasant sensations when my chin is moved for example when I speak, laugh, smile, wash etc and teeth brushing is horrendous when contact is made with my right gum or when my chin moves with the vibrations of brushing.

In regards to swelling 70% has gone, it's mainly my cheeks at the moment that are puffy, especially my right one that has also gone hard due to infection. The swelling fluctuates depending on how much action I've had that day. 

The majority of my feeling has come back apart from my right lower lip, that is completely numb and my chin that only has about 30% feeling in it. 

From an orthodontics point of view, everything is great and I still have about four weeks of wearing tiny bands between the upper and lower teeth.

Thanks for reading and for your messages and comments, I'll post weekly unless anything of note happens

KjS-T x 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Chloe,
    I didn't have a genioplasty I had a Le Fort Maxillary decanting impaction Osteotomy and bilateral Sagittarius spilt mandibular advancement Osteotomies. This was all as a result of Condylar Hyperplasia when the left hand side of my jaw started to grow, It pushed everything (jaw and teeth) over to the right hand side. And there was a cant in my jaw so everything was wonky. When I opened my mouth it kind of opened wonky. like not up and down it opened sideways and didn't open very wide. I can get two fingers in my mouth now easily and it opens straight and pain in the joints is minimal. My bite is the biggest improvement, my teeth fit together now on both side as before the didn't and there was a lot of pressure where they met. If you read my latest update all will become clear in regards to the nerve... It's a nuisance but I'm on medication for it now.
    Take Care
    KjS-T x

    ReplyDelete