The day before the operation - 17th December 2012

I arrived at Aintree hospital with mum and my husband Matt at 2pm where I had to attend the maxillofacial lab and check nothing had moved and that the wafers still fit. The wafer had been made by the consultant, Mr D at the planning appointments. Luckily they did still fit and nothing had moved where is shouldn't have!!  

After we had been to the lab we made our way over to ward 29 where we were left sat on a corridor for over an hour. Eventually Mr D's general doctor Michael, who recognised me from a previous appointment asked a nurse the get me a bed sorted ASAP.

We were taken to a private room, we weren't sure if this was just a registration room or if this was going to be my room. Matt went and asked a nurse who said this was room and said I was to unpack and settle in.

At 4:30pm mum and Matt were sent away while I had some tea. I didn't really feel like anything but as I knew this was going to be my last proper meal for some time I thought I best force it down. To start was a vegetable soup that was actually quite nice, main was sliced turkey, chips, cabbage and gravy and dessert was a lemon tart. Not quite the Auberge standard (my favourite resturant), but quite good on the whole.

Mum and Matt where allowed back at 6:30pm for the official visiting. Pretty much after they arrived they were asked to leave my room so Michael could book me in.

He asked me some questions and put a double Canular in my right arm. He took some blood from me and give me an anticoagulant injection to prevent me from getting a blood clot.

At about 8pm I got ready for bed and mum and Matt left, I had loads messages from family and friends wishing me luck for the operation, I watched some TV. Then At 10:30pm I had a hot chocolate and at 11 I took two sleeping tablets.

Luckily I fell asleep quite easliy.



No comments:

Post a Comment