Recovery Day 31 - 17th January 2013

I was so tired from no sleep the night before, I had quite a good sleep last night. I woke up this morning a 8:30 with the alarm. When I woke up my nose and cheeks were aching as were the back of my gums and my teeth. I took my tablets and lay in bed for 10 minutes. I then had a shower and got dressed. At 10am we set off for the hospital. Today I had my 4 week post op check at the hospital with Mr D. 

We arrived at the clinic at 10:45 and as soon as we sat down a 45 minute appointment time was delayed! I don't mind a delay but when you're not feeling too good you just want to get in and get out.
 
At about 11:35, I got called in, it'salways nice to see Mr D and I was looking forward to see what he had to say. He seemed pleased with everything. The pain levels, numbness and remaining swelling are all normal and where they should be at this time of the recovery process. I told Mr D about the pains in my nose, he had a look up my nose with an otoscope. He said up my nose was a little inflamed so he gave me a prescription to try for 3 weeks. It was a nasal spray called Fluticasone Propionate. I had to spray two squirts up each nostril twice a day. Mr D said if this didn't work and the pain stop then I'd need a CT scan to take a look at my sinuses. Mr D then showed us a picture of the X-ray taken on my last visit. My new jaw looked really different and you could see six titanium plates in my face. 
 
After the hospital we all needed something to eat so we went to a cafe, I had a baked potato and mashed the flesh with some butter, cheese and mayonnaise. I didn't mind eating off my weaning spoon or drinking out of my sippy cup. The main embarrassing thing is that I can't feel my bottom lip so and drips or stray mouthfulls just sit there without me noticing. Cringe!!

After lunch we went home, Matt had work in the afternoon so I spent the afternoon with mum. We went and had our nails done which always cheers me up!! 

When dad dropped me off at home I realised that I'd left my sippy cup in matts car, he was due home at midnight so I thought I'd wait up for him to bring it home. Then I got a text off him saying he was running late... After a busy day I just wanted to take my tablets and get to sleep. I tried a few other sippy cups I had, but they needed sucking to get the liquid out and I couldn't do it. 

In the end I just put the tablet on my tongue and threw a glass of 
water in my mouth, closed my eyes, and hoped for the best!! Luckily I managed to get my tablets down although a change of clothes was required afterwards!! 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment